1. When did you begin CF?
2. What is your favourite movement? Least favorite?
3. What accomplishment in CF are you most proud of?
1 year ago in June my resting BP was147/95, Cholesterol was 208, Weight was 187, and my waist was a nice round 37”. Today: BP is 126/65, Col is 152, Weight is 157 and waist is 32”. No Medication needed. I was a ball of stress from work and life. I had no outlet and really needed to “take care of my head”. I could have turned to alcohol like many do but found that CrossFit is the best drug on the planet. I am proud to be healthy and stress free.
4. What 3 goals are you focusing on?
1. Connect my ring muscle ups. 2. Master Butterfly Pull-ups. 3. Compete and finish a CF Comp in 2013.
5. If you could say one thing about your experience at CrossFit BWI, what would it be?
Thank you for saving my life.
6. What motivates you to keep going strong during the WOD’s?
The Friends Family I have made I have around me in every WOD. All of you motivate me to go beyond what I would do If I was in my home gym or running like a gerbil in the local fitness center.
7. Anything extra you want to add?
When I first walked in to CF BWI it was the first time I had really decided to “join” gym. I was intimidated/ nervous / embarrassed…you name it…I was scared. Ryan, Christa, Kris, Chis, Shannon, Aaron, Kurt, Luke, John, Jeff, Jess and Brad all made me feel comfortable and confident. After a week I was already feeling like part of family. They want you to succeed and accomplish your goals. All of them clearly are experts and they go beyond the average trainer by getting to know you and genuinely caring. Thank you all for working with me and building me up both mentally and physically. I cannot thank you enough. Storm the Castle !